Hereward Fenton is a researcher in the 9/11 truth movement in Australia, a senior computer programmer and has a BA in anthropology and religious studies. He is editor and webmaster of www.911oz.com (see: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/hereward-fenton-31596.html ).
Hereward Fenton on why he became a 9/11 truther (2011): “The central argument of the movement is that 9/11 was a staged, false flag operation designed to propel the US and its allies into war for the sake of profit, oil and empire… let’s agree on what we can agree on:
• Planes were flown into the twin towers.
• Towers 1, 2 and 7 collapsed, symmetrically, at close to free fall, pulverising most of the concrete of those buildings into a fine dust which covered Manhattan.
• The Pentagon was hit by a third plane.
• A fourth plane crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
• Around 3,000 people died as a direct result of the attacks.
We can all agree with the mainstream account up to this point… It is when we consider the “why”, the “how” and the “who” of these events that I and many others radically depart from the mainstream narrative of 9/11… In regard to the “how” questions, the only topic I will address in this piece is the collapse of the towers. All three collapsed at close to free fall, including Building 7, which was not even hit by a plane. There are numerous testimonies from first responders who saw heard and felt explosions before the buildings went down. The free fall rate of collapse is strong proof that explosives were used, and there is no alternative to this conclusion that is consistent with the laws of physics.” .
. Hereward Fenton, “Why I became a September 11 truther”, The Punch, 11 September 2011: http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/why-i-became-a-9-11-truther/ .